Monday, July 21, 2008

Hi All

Sorry for not posting for so long but last week was not an easy week.

For some reason, I lost all of my energy. It was as if I had come out of remission and my HCL was back and by Tuesday it had gotten so bad that Theresa insisted I go back to the doctor and I did.

Thankfully my counts are rock solid. WBC was 5.0 and my platelets were at 203,000. So that was not the cause.

Doctor said I probably have a mild viral infection and that was draining my energy. He said if things don't get better in a few to come back.

As of today things are better. However, I definitely need to be aware of my limits. I seem to not have the stamina I used to which is interesting. There is nothing in the literature which discuss this drop in energy post treatment. Yet, at least for me it is real and I have to manage to it.

This is something I am hoping gets better with time. We will have to see. Its just a little wrinkle, no big deal.

I also want to say thanks to my Mom for the birthday party on Saturday. It was great. I am very glad to see 43 and be healthy.

Any way Theresa and Cam are going to watch a movie now and I am going to play my new TOY, which will remain secret until Aaron gets home Saturday.

See you,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg,

I'm an old friend of Steph's and have been following your blog since you were diagnosed. What a stalker, huh? I was amazed how open, honest and candid you were with what was happening to you. I am a nurse so I was interested in following your counts as I used to work oncology years ago. I was also worried b/c my friend Steph was. I am so glad you are well again. God Bless you and your family (Tell Teresa hi)! Anway, we just got home from Shasta w/Steph, family and your son Aaron. What a neat kid he is - my boys liked him a lot and my daughter said he was a riot to play spoons with. You will have to ask Aaron for me if he misses Kenny Chesney's voice now that he's off the boat, ok? I can see his eyes roll from here! Steph and I went a little crazy playing him over and over and over....Anway, I just sent Steph a Shasta movie that have some fun pics (including Aaron) w/a song I found that is so fitting for the trip. Ask her to forward to you. That is awesome you were able to go to the Keys and share w/your boy. Take care, Jen