Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Seattle Visit

Well, I met with my Ortho Surgeon yesterday in Seattle. By the way, very long and boring drive!

Anyway, he took pictures of my hips and the results were good. My left hip is totally healed and you cant even tell it was pieced backed together, except for the screws!!
He said I am totally healed and have no restrictions!! Makes me very happy but not unexpected at all. I have not been having any issues at all with my left hip for a long time.

I did however, discuss my right hip pain with him. It really has been bugging me off an on since I saw him in September. He told me that it really is up to me based on the pain. If it gets really bad he wants me to make an appointment and he will schedule an MRI and go from there.

So I would say it was a good visit but I am still faced with a very sore right hip that I need watch and hope the pain goes away. I am not been rehabbing like I should so I need to step it up.

I know that is going to be the key. Otherwise I am faced with another crappy surgery that was no fun at all!!

I would say that the results were great just a crappy journey!!

Talk to you later.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully with some more time, the other hip might settle down. It's been "pulling double duty" for awhile...I know the feeling! =)

GREAT news that healing is complete and you're left with zero restrictions! BUT, take it one step at a time...as the saying goes around here, slow and steady wins the race!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Still trying to figure out what's going on with kiddo while I continue to hold up after my 7th right hip surgery...too many different diagnoses leaves me very perplexed and confused as to kiddo though. But rheumi was all normal, thank God...but what's that say about what's going on with her hips? I guess it's wait and see...the OS hasn't emailed me/called me back yet, and I am sending cd's of her most recent stuff out to some other docs this week, to wait and hear back.

Good news is the ones I contacted (some great names for impingement and/or dysplasia and/or labral issues) said they would review...they may want appts, too, but needless to say that won't be possible. One step at a time though...we like our current OS, just we need a consensus of opinion when it comes to our 'lil one! (who isn't so little anymore!)

Stay tough, stay strong...and keep kickin butt and taking names! ;)

Best,
SHC