Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Thank goodness the sun is finally out! Its time to get out in the back yard and get yard and deck back in shape for summer! I going to try to help out as much as I can. We need to pressure wash the back deck and do some trimming. I wish I could do more. I really want to get the yard in shape this year.

At least the grass is growing better. It has been nice having the lawn service but I think I need to re-seed the yard as too much moss has taken over back there. I was hoping all my issues would be over before summer but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I set my surgery for May 19th. I am just waiting for the scheduler to call me back and confirm. It will be on a Tuesday.

As I said Wednesday, this has been a tough , tough week! I have been standing at my desk more than actually sitting. I had to cut back on my PT to about half. Theresa thinks my pain receptors are messed up because I was taken more Vicodin on Vacation than I am now. I may of also over did it. I don't know. I just hope things start calming down. As soon as one leg feels better the other one starts in. As a result I keep switching the cane from one side to the other. That may be part of the problem. I don't know, I am just trying to get through the day.

The pain has changed also. I now get shooting pains through both hips particularly on my left side. It increases as the day goes on. I am not sure what else to do. I have about 7 weeks until my surgery I just need to focus on that and take it one day at a time. I dont take the stairs at work anymore. I use the elevator. That seems to help as I am going up stairs a lot.

I started a new book this week also. Its the sequel to The Somnambulist. Its called The Domino Men. It is a really good book. Very entertaining!! The reading at night seems to help me. Its a good distraction.

We all went shopping early this afternoon. Aaron got himself a new Airsoft Gun! He is now playing airsoft wars with his cousin. I am a tad bit uncomfortable with shooting each other but at least they cant hurt anything since they don't hit very hard. Not like Paint Ball.

Well, we have to get ready for church now. I will post a few more pictures of our trip particularly the Pebble Beach shots. They turned out very well. I also figured out how to put together a panorama. I did a cool one of the city.

Bye for Now!

1 comment:

Help4Hips said...

Great site. You may want to check out Help4Hips.com