Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally Back on Track

It has been awhile but I am finally getting back on track. So much so that I am going to try to get back to work, part time on Monday.

About a week ago Wednesday I started getting very very sick. Turns out I put myself into de-tox. I ran out of all my pain meds that Wednesday and had to go to the doctors in order to get a re-fill. I was very anxious and I started to panic. By the end of the day I was in tears and feeling very sick to my stomach.

By Wednesday night I started throwing up. From that time on I was throwing up every 20 minutes violently. I did not stop doing this for about 36 hours. My Nausea did not go away for another 3 days after that. So by last Sunday I was almost out of the woods. I ran low grade fevers most of this week and since Thursday of this week I have been doing really well. My diet is getting back to normal as well. I lost a ton of weight!

Now that I am off my pain meds its funny because my leg does not really hurt as bad as thought. I wonder if my pain receptors were all screwed up? The only issues I have left now are "crazy legs" at night. This is a common side effect and I hope wont last to much longer. It is very difficult getting to sleep as I can not lay still and get comfortable. I am determined to work on getting my self to sleep without a sleep aide of any kind. I am done with medication!!!


I am thinking about trying to get into the pool this weekend and see how I do. Because of my De-Tox problems I have not done any rehabing at all. The only thing I have been doing is limping to and from the bathroom and up the stairs to take a shower and to go to bed. I need to get more exercise.

All I can say about my experience is BE VERY CAREFUL WITH HEAVY PAIN MEDICATION. I did everything correctly and followed my doctors orders. Yet I was smack dab in the middle of hell on earth for a week. I don't wish this experience on my worst enemy. NO it is not like a hang over. Its much much worse. It also scared the crap out of me. There were times I considered going to emergency room.

If it was not for Theresa I don't think I would have made it through.

By the way I am never doing anything like this again. I don't care if my right leg is fixed or not. I CANT DO THIS AGAIN!! NO MORE SURGERY!!

I go back to see my Doctor in July and I hope by then I can put more weight on it. I have been using the walker and crutches and its tough getting around but I think I am doing very well.

I have been able to drive a couple of places this week as well which was great since I have been very anxious to get out of the house and get of the couch.

I cant believe I have been sitting, sleeping and laying on this damn thing for a month!!!

Well enough is enough...I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Glad things are feeling back on track for you.

I wonder if the pre-op pain meds really did affect your post-op pain med needs and withdrawal?

Hope things continue to improve!!!
SHC