Friday, October 16, 2009

Not a Good Start to the Weekend!

I had my HCL check with my Hemo today. Last visit was April 09. The results are below:


As you can see, my White Counts and My ANC took a DIVE!!! Not very encouraging. Needless to say this not the result I was looking for.

Unfortunately , my doctor now wants to see me in 4 months vs 1 year. If my counts don't rebound by February he will want to do another bone marrow biopsy.

As you know I have been yelling as loud as can about never doing another BMB. It sucked the last time. Yet here I am a year and 1/2 later staring down the barrel of large needle looming in my future! HAPPY 2010!!!

To bring things back in perspective, I am still far with in healthy limits. My risk is very low for infection and I am asymptomatic. No need to panic at all yet. My palms are just getting sweaty and the butterflies are growing in my stomach......

You know I will be Obsessing over this for the next 4 months until I get checked again. Who wouldn't!!

I am thinking the hip surgery and everything I have been through had some effect. Yet, I had a transfusion in the hospital, 2 units. I should be at the same high levels (6.0) because of that, right??

Unfortunately, only time will tell....and that's what sucks about HCL...It is slow and makes you think about it....

Have good weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg,

Sorry to hear the news...hope it is a temporary setback and nothing else!

Things here go as they go...lots done with still lots to do. Kiddo's hip(s) appt. is coming up before too long, hopefully we will have some sort of answer to everything besides just a "continue to wait and see"...don't want her to NEED surgery, yet, also know how much she takes after mom and don't want her to have to get worse or watch life slip past her without any help. Kids' hips shouldn't hurt or make grinding noises when they walk, move, try to hula hoop, etc...

Mom's hip continues to be great though and who would have thought after 7 hip surgeries I'd even be jogging again! Miracles...believe strong enough, and they DO happen! Just sometimes not in our timeframe we're hoping for...until we've learned the lessons God's trying to teach us.

Every breath, every step, every day...they are ALL miracles in their own regard!!!

BEST,
SHC