Thursday, October 16, 2008

Consultation Set

Good News! I finally got an appointment for Oct 30th at OHSU. I am upset it is not sooner but considering the Surgeon is the best and the only in town who can do this, I am dealing with it.

My doctor gave me Celebrex to try. If it works I am hoping to take less Vicodin, which will make me feel more comfortable. However, no one is concerned about me getting dependent on them. Its just my OCD kicking in.

The pain seems to be getting more intense unfortunately. I will be very grateful when this is over. If everything works out I hope I will be done with Surgery before Thanksgiving.

I have a business trip November 5 and 6. I am not looking forward to 6 hours on a plane. I will find a way to manage. I cant afford to miss this trip or any work since I have no more sick days or vacation. Work actually gave me 2 extra weeks after Chemo which I am very thankful for. I do not want them to think I am tying to get more time off.

God knows I need to keep this job right now....

Anyway, I do feel better that things are at least moving in a direction. Just 2 weeks ago I no idea what was going on and my over active imagination was coming up with all kinds of scenarios.

I just need to mange the next few weeks and I think it will get better real quick.

The best Christmas present is to have NO aches, pains or bad test results!!

No comments: