Thursday, October 9, 2008

MRA- Results!!

With a lot of pushing I finally got my results!! It turns out I have a torn labrum!! This totally sucks but at least I am not going nuts!!!

I am working on a consultation at OHSU. It turns out only ONE Orthopedic Surgeon in Portland can do this procedure. Hopefully I can get in quickly and get this behind me.

I added a Link for explanation of the procedure and success rate (on the right column)

A torn labrum is most commonly found in very active people, Athletes. It does occur in people with degenerative diseases such as Osteoarthritis, which I have. However, it is very rare.

The most common treatment is physical therapy and anti-inflammatories. In my case it looks like the only solution is Surgery as it was a fairly bad tear. It hurts so much because I am just rubbing bone on bone.

Not sure how a guy like me could get so gosh darn lucky!! So stay tuned. Once I get my consult I will post the next steps. I am hoping its an easy Arthroscopic procedure with no hospital time!

My life is turning out to be a laugh a minute. To bad I don't get air line miles or bonus points for hospital time, exotic disorders and tests!! I would be half way around the world!!!

By the way, until 3 weeks ago I didn't even know I had a Labrum let a lone that you could tear it by doing absolutely nothing!!

It can only get only get better....Right?? I think that's what I said after my Chemo.....

No comments: