Friday, November 28, 2008

Day after Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We did. Theresa invited her sisters family over and we had dinner at our house.

It was nice to not go anywhere. The dinner was fantastic! She had an idea to cook the turkey on my new Bar-b-que. I was very very nervous about it but it worked out great. It was by far the best turkey I have had in a very long time.

I LOVE MY NEW GRILL!!!

The stuffing she made was awesome also. After dinner we played cards and a little Guitar Hero. It was fun.

I even had a glass of Pinot.

Today, we didn't do a whole lot. My leg was on fire today for some reason. It felt like a pinched nerve? So, I laid on the couch most of the day and the Vicodin seemed to help some. Its not working as well as it used to but it does take the edge off.

At 3:30 I took the boys to go see the new Bond movie! Bond Rocks!! Go and see it!!!
It was a great idea by Theresa. I am glad we did. I have not done a whole lot with them lately so its nice to spend time with them.

Aaron said something when we were getting snacks which shows just how thoughtful he is. I asked him if he wanted to share a soda and said "Dad I think I am getting a cold. With your weak immune system I am afraid I would make you really sick, so I don't think that would be a good idea"..

Sweetiest kid on the planet!! I am blessed to have two of the most special boys in the world. Not sure what I did to deserve it but I am not going to question it, just count my blessings every day..

For the rest of the night I think I am just going to watch the rest of the college football games for night and maybe play a little PS3. I have not played a game in quite awhile. There is one new game I have not even touched.

I want to try to get some Christmas lights up this weekend if possible, but we will have to see. It all depends on how I feel.

I also need to get some Christmas shopping done very soon.

Very, very nervous about the Civil War game tomorrow. I hope the Ducks don't throw away a pretty good season by chocking!! I would hate to see the Beavers go to the Rose Bowl.

All is well so far.... Its getting very close to my consultation. I am both excited and scared. Not sure what he is going to say or do. I just want to get this over with and get on with my life..It is effecting everyone in the family and its not fair. I guess this is a look into the lives of those with mobility issues. When you have to make yourself get out of bed, get out the house and constantly worry about if your movements are going hurt a lot, it is difficult to enjoy life....

I am certainly not anyone who is able to live with chronic pain or a disability. I have a new found respect for those that do and keep it invisible. I CANT and I wish I could.....

Well vicodin affecting me so I guess its time to stop typing!!! Have a good night.

No comments: