Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finally Started PT

I started PT yesterday. I have 6 exercises to do twice a day. I am thinking I will do them first thing the morning and then after dinner. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to do them all.

They are fairly easy but somewhat painful. I will post the workout sheet I was given to follow. They are a leg lifts, hip lifts and resistance exercises. Interestingly, after I am all done my left hip which has not had surgery is the one that hurts the most. As you may recall, that's the side the doctor wants to reconstruct first.

I need to force myself to keep this up EVERY DAY!! Long term I think it will help me prepare for surgery and hopefully recover quicker. I don't think it will keep me from having surgery however you never know.

I got my pre-authorization approved and it is good for 90 days. That gives me time to see how successful the PT program will be.

As far as daily pain management, I started taking 1/2 a vicodin at 8am and another 1/2 at noon. It is helping me better manage my day and I am able to sit for longer periods of time. The last few days the drive home has not been quite as bad. It is also allowing me to cut down on the amount of Ibuprofen which was a huge concern of doctor.

Going on vacation a week from this Monday. I am looking forward to a fun week in SF. Keep your fingers crossed my painis more manageable. I don't want to ruin every ones time as we don't have very many opportunities as a family to go on vacations. Its important to me everyone has a good time.

We got a great deal on a Resort in Monteray. The second night is 1/2 price. The only bonus to a bad economy!!!

Also, Happy Birthday to Aaron turned 13 on Friday the 13th!!!

Off to get a haircut and lunch....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg
Happy Birthday my fishy hip friend. My birthday was today (14th). I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Lauren