Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hump Day THANK GOD!!

So far I am getting through my PT. Except yesterday, I missed because my legs hurt too bad and I was driving the boys around to activities.

Based on my issues I would imagine its normal but it hurts like hell every exercise I do. Particularly when I put all my weight on my left leg. It aches real bad which I am guessing shows how weak it is. My right hurts also but my left is the worst.

I know its early and I don't want to be negative but it is not doing anything. I have been having to take my vicodin before I do my PT exercises just to get through them.

Sorry for not posting the exercises yet but I will. Like I said they are Grandpa exercises!!! I never thought I would break a sweat with such "low impact" movements. However, it is the hardest work out I have had in a very long time. I would much rather be running 10 miles. I hate doing them and quite frankly it scares me every time I have to do them.

I know if I don't, its only going to get worse and be harder for me to recover after the surgery.
I just have to bear down, suck it up and get through them every single day!!! (TWICE A DAY)

We are less than a week from going to San Francisco! The kids are very excited. They deserve a fun vacation. They don't get the opportunity to go anywhere so it will be a fun change.

There is a lot we want to do. I am determined to not slow everyone down no matter what. I think I will be fine but I get worried every time I go somewhere. I am afraid of getting stuck somewhere and my legs freak out. I don't want to have a public display of emotion if I can help it.

Trying to focus on the positive and not think about what may happen. It will be great to see my brothers again and spend sometime with them.

Hopefully the weather will be nice. NO RAIN!!!PLEASE!!! I want sunshine!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to have fun on your trip! It'll be a nice change of pace for everyone, I'm sure. We did a Disney trip in the fall, knowing full well and good I couldn't walk we just sucked it up and bought/brought a wheelchair. Everyone had fun, I didn't slow everyone down, minimized my pain while maximizing my pleasure with everyone, and Disney is actually set up SO well for people who can't walk and are in wheelchairs!

Anywho, HAVE FUN as best as you can!
SHC

Anonymous said...

Sign Says:
BEWARE THE KILLER STAIRS!

=) Just take things one step at a time...both literally AND figuratively!

SHC