Tuesday, July 14, 2009

UP TO SEATTLE

I was up in Seattle Sunday and Monday. I took my son Cam with me. He is interested in going to the University of Washington because of the Medical School. So went up early to tour the school.

It is a very nice campus, but very very hilly!!

We had a blast. I had to take him around using the car but we got a good feel for the campus. We parked and walked about a mile on Monday morning. It was nice to get out of the car and look around. It was tough but I enjoyed it.

We had a great dinner on Sunday too.

My doctors appointment on Monday went very well. My hip is healing well. As a result he said I can start putting 25% of my weight on the hip for two weeks. Then 50% after that for two weeks.

I then go back for another check up. I did explain the pain I have been having and the trouble sleeping. He told me that the pain is from the soft tissue still healing and to continue using over the counter pain relief. The healing should begin to accelerate as well.

I also told him about my thigh being numb. He told me that he has never had anyone stay numb this long but not to be concerned. I am though. I read a white paper the other day that said most people should expect to have significant numbness in the outside portion of the thigh after a PAO procedure. We shall see...

I still would do it again!! I know it will be worth it. I JUST WANT THE PAIN TO GO AWAY FOR GOOD!!

He also told me to swim as much as possible as it will accelerate the healing process.

Despite all of the complaining and frustration over the last 6 weeks, I am happy to have done this. I know it is worth it. Just to be off the pain medication and to finally begin to plug back into the family.

1 comment:

The OBlanc's said...

Hi Gregg:

I was encouraged to read your blog. My husband is 33years old and has both dysplasia and impingement. He is scheduled to have a PAO in San Diego next Thursday.

I was wondering if you had any tips or insight for someone about to go thru this experience. Is there anything that you wish that you had known beforehand? Something that would have made recovery easier? If so, it would be so great if you could email me at m.oblanc@yahoo.com

Anyway, glad to read about how well you are doing and thank you for posting you blog. It was very helpful to read.

Mary