Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Had a great 4th yesterday. Did not do much during the day but we went as a family to the Portland Beavers Baseball game and fireworks show.

I enjoy going to PGE Park and it was nice to finally do a family outing. I had a long walk to the stadium but made there and back OK on my crutches.

I sat most of the game with not much pain or difficulty. The fireworks were nice.

I started going to the gym on Friday. I did 30 minutes of biking. I paid for it Saturday, which is why I did not do much all day Saturday. I was resting up of the baseball game.

I am going to try and go to the gym at least 3 days a week. Over time I know it is going to help my leg feel better.

I meet the doctor in about a week. I hope by then I can put more weight on it. I am still having numbness in my thigh which is the biggest concern of mine. Is it going to come all the way back or not? If it doesn't was all this worth it. It feels weird..

Anyway, nothing major going on... I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still trying to work out the thigh issues myself. After 7 surgeries on this hip though, I'm kind of doubtful it'll ever go away. I don't care about the numbness as much as an 11x7 inch area turning blue...that is annoying, especially when wearing shorts/bathing suit/skirts/etc. The stabbing/shooting pains aren't fun either...

Hip doc says either meds or surgery can happen for it, I said I'm not willing to do either...not willing to trade off for the med side effects (since one hadn't even worked the other times I'd been on it) and definitely not willing to undergo another surgery when I can WALK! So, he recommended a referral to pain management...who, from what I've read, can maybe do some injections or something. No one locally does these surgeries, and there are only 2 pain management docs within about a 45 min drive I can see...was told one is okay, the other is a real pain people have not liked at all. All of that is SO reassuring, right?! That was all stated to me from the local NP I had to see when I showed up for an appt made with my primary care doc...and the lovely facility here decided to change who I saw last minute...and I had to explain EVERYTHING to her, since she had not known me or anything that I'd been through!!! She was nice, but the whole situation is annoying.

We'll see...waiting for the referral in the mail so that I'll have the name/number to call to schedule.

This has been a LONG week with the company we've had though!!!

SHC