Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot Saturday

Temperature is on the rise! Not the best part of the summer to me. But the evenings are nice. My wife loves to be outside listening to the radio in the back yard. Me too. A beer or two is also nice.

Well, I am can now put 50% of my weight on my foot. I trying to decide if I should use my cane or both crutches? I think after a week or so I will decide. I go back to the doctors August 10th. I hope by then he tells me to throw the crutches and the cane away for good.

Swimming has been great. I would suggest it to everyone. It has been a very very big help. I am also continuing my PT exercises. My left leg is getting stronger and the pain during the exercises is also less. Progress even very small is adding confidence and giving me a more positive outlook. I want it to continue. Cross your fingers.

My birthday was great. Turning 44 is good now that I feel better and ALL of my health issues are in the rear view mirror. This will be a much better year.

I got tickets to Oregon VS Purdue in September. That was a good match up last year so should be a great game to see in Eugene. I cant wait. I love going to see the Ducks its a blast. I was worried I wouldn't be able to.

I wish the best for everyone and don't forget to stop by Facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe give a ring and ask about 1 crutch vs. both or the cane?

For me, the cane was basically useless...I found going to 1 crutch much more sturdy, practical, and convenient. Somehow, people also seem to move a little more caringly (sp? is that even a real word?!) around those with a crutch vs. a cane.

Just a thought....keep charging!
SHC