Monday, December 8, 2008

Not a good Day

Well there is no way to say any other way except: MY CLAIM WAS DENIED!!! They said it was and "experimental" procedure. WHAT A JOKE....

I am trying to work with my Doc to see what else can we do in order to get this done? I will do what ever it takes, even doing the procedure, Open or doing the Dysplasia correction (PAO) in order to get it all covered!

This shows how bad and messed up our Health care system is.

I will also be contacting Great West tomorrow and try to get a clear explanation as to why they call this procedure, that has been practiced for 10 years, experimental....

Enough for today, I don't know what else to say. Right now I am totally SCREWED!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got an email from someone else who is in an appeal process with their insurance, Cigna (correct me if I am wrong, but I think yours falls under that umbrella also). She set up payment options in advance of the surgery with the doctor just in case the appeal doesn't go through. I've asked her for more info as she gets updates so I can be of help with sharing info to you and others. I know this doesn't give much hope, but perhaps some solace in knowing there are others fighting the same battle. Have you checked out the support groups yet?
SHC

Greg Gilbert said...

I have been wanting to but not able to get to it until tonight...

I am anxious to see what they have to say!! I am guessing I am the only guy!!!!

Thanks for everything. It is very helpful..

Greg G