Friday, December 12, 2008

Rough Week!

Thank god it it Friday. My customer is closing out not only the month but the year. They close down the 19th so we have a very short month get all the product they need in house to all of the there plants across the US, Canada and Mexico.

We are behind! They are getting very nervous!! Lots of phone calls, stress, stress and more stress. Usually, I handle these types of issues with no problem. Its been worse. However, I have no patients and my thick skin was peeled away months ago..

It is very hard to stay professional, keep everyone cool and work the problems. The good news is everyone at work is very understanding and helping. I am very lucky... I also have a great assistant!!!

Called my doctor today and his assistant, Trevor called me back. Never had a male PA before!! Anyway he is a very nice guy and very responsive. Unlike the Doc who FORGOT TO CALL ME TODAY...AFTER SURGERY TODAY HE LEFT EARLY!!!

I have to wait until Monday to talk to him. I have been doing some more research and it looks like a 50-50 proposition weather to have the PAO surgery and the Femural Arthoplasty/Labral tear at the same time vs just the tear repair and arthoplasty... If the repair works and buys me even 5 years it will be worth it. But if it does not even buy me 2 years, I still have pain and run the risk of another tear, I will take the PAO and hope for the best.. I want all these issues to GO AWAY... I want to get back to life as usual. So do the boys and Tre.... I have been very grumpy lately. Partly because my leg even with the Vicodin still hurts and the vicodin also makes me a bit anxious and short tempered.

I have no update on the insurance side. The pre-authorization was sent in. They said to follow up Monday. I WAS TOLD IT COULD TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS! That just wont work for me, I said. I need this to happen this year so that I don't have to shell out more money to another hospital!!!

All of this has made the Christmas Holiday very hard to take. I have no excitement about it. It took everything I had to put up the few lights I have. I am dreading getting a tree because of the effort it will take.. I am working on making myself be happy as I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

This is my favorite time of year so all this really sucks!!!

I cant wait to speak to the doctor as I need some direction on this. I also need to decide if I want pay upfront or hope my insurance will cover. I also found out I may have lost my surgery date. They put me in "limbo" until this payment issue is done..

Based on all that, it does not look good does it? I guess what happens, happens... Not much I can do about it.

The boys go on a camp out tomorrow at a boyscout snow lodge. Should be awesome. I wish I could go. We had a blast the last time. To risky however, I am scared to death I would injury myself.....

There will be other chances.

I am running out of things to say.. Vicodin taking hold again.. Good night..........................

No comments: