Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. It was great! Kids have been enjoying the extended time off due to the weather.

The snow is finally gone and things are getting back to normal! It was very treacherous driving last week.

On Tuesday it took me 3 hours to get home and tree nearly fell on me. I had to move the tree in order to get home as it blocked the road!

I feel like I am back in the Mid West!!! They are saying this was the worst snow fall ever. I believe it.

My brothers are here for visit which is very nice. Its been awhile since they have been here and the kids are enjoying spending time with them.

My pain unfortunately is getting more intense. Thank God I only have a week. This time next week I will be feeling much better, I hope. It is interesting but my left hip is really starting to bother me and not just the ache from over use. It is more like a stinging which concerns me. However, it does not hurt when I bend and rotate it so no labral tear. My back has been very sore as well. I think its because of all the snow shoveling and taking on and off of my tire chains.

I know limping with the cane has not been helpful either.

It has been very interesting to walk around with a cane in the ice and snow. I am surprised I have not fallen on my butt yet.

I got my authorization the mail from my insurance company. Just a validation to what was discussed on the phone, buts its nice to have it in your hands.

So now my stress is not only obsessing about the outcome of my surgery but how much time to take off? I don't want to waste a lot of my PTO at work but I also am very nervous to drive myself to work too soon. They really don't like me working from home and I don't want to take advantage of the freedom they have given me due my issues this year. My plan is to take Jan 2nd off (Friday) and Jan 5th (Monday). That should give me enough time to get comfortable and move around on crutches. I am going to spend the first part of next week getting everything done and work ahead. That way if for some reason I have to be out through Friday Jan 9th I am prepared.

(Probably totally over thinking this, but what else is new)

Everyone has been joking that 2008 has been THE YEAR OF GREG.... Cross your fingers that 2009 will not be a continuation.. I believe that will be the case! I could not imagine what else could go wrong with me physically. So, hears to a healthy 2009 and all my posts will be about the fun activities I doing with the boys and Theresa. We have a bunch of camping to catch up on and we are thinking about a road trip to San Francisco for spring break.

I say 2009 is THE YEAR OF FUN & UNEVENTFUL LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hear is hoping.........

No comments: