Monday, May 18, 2009

The Night Before

Well

I made to Seattle and had my pre-surgical appointment. It is going to be a 2 hour procedure and 1 hour of recovery time. Not as long as thought it would be. Suppose to start at 9:30am.

The nurse says that I will also be seen by the physical therapist tomorrow late afternoon or early evening. So it sounds like they will get me up and around fairly quickly. Also, she explained to me that for the first 24 hours I will be hooked up to a pain pump. It administers a dose on demand every 10 minutes. I am to keep my pain level no higher than 5 or it wont work.

I did have a concern about the medication not working well due to my Vicodin use. However, she said that even at the dosage I have been taking I would not have any tolerance issues. If I do the nurse can get the dosage set higher. The key is to stay ahead of the pain and "don't be macho".....ME NEVER....I AM A LIGHT WEIGHT....JUST ASK MY WIFE!!!


Finally before I go to bed the nurse wanted me to take a shower with a 4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution. Then in the morning do it again.

i just finished and this is the cleanest I have ever been in my life!! They also took a nose swab of all things as there is a Staff infection issue in the city of Seattle.

It was a very easy appointment and nothing special except they were training a new lab tech. She stuck 3 times in both arms before getting enough blood. She also made my had swell at the injection site. She must of poked through the vein. Not a big deal, I have gotten use to giving blood. I just hope the IV nurse is better. I do not want another repeat performance of the ER nurse and the agony I went through with that crappy IV line.

Well, I think will try to read a little before bed. I am very grateful my mom was able to take me to get this done. It makes things very easy for the rest of the family..

GOOD JOB AARON FOR MAKING THE SOCCER TEAM!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU...

One last thing. My laptop died. Cam and his friend re-imaged my hard drive. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR DOING IT, CAM!!!

Hope everything works out OK as I really really like my laptop (so does Theresa) it would be hard to live with out it.

Take it easy and I will post probably when I get home... I don't want to post under the influence as it makes for very very bad writing!!!

No comments: