Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! I know I did..

It was a great Christmas and a fun New Year. It has, as always, been very very busy.

My hips are OK but sore. Today I am sure its is due to the New Years eve party last night and all standing around I did.

The only thing that sucks about this Holiday Season is the DUCKS loss to OHIO STATE!! They played well but could not shut them down and win one for the Pac-Ten!!!

Regarding 2010....I am praying the years of Greg are over and we start living our lives.

I am however a bit un-nerved by a few things. My blood counts, I will have to wait until February to verify I am OK. What makes it worse is the redness on face or blotchiness that wont go away. The last time I had it was right before and during my Chemo. It is below both eyes and over my nose.

Also, Theresa has noticed some strange pimples on my back. They are very itchy and are spreading. It reminds me of the virus Cameron had when he was very young. We had to have the doctor scrap them off. If it is a virus I am very worried it is an indication my HCL is back and an indication my immune system is going down. In which case the Year of Greg is not over and that total with out a doubt SUCKS!!!

My energy level still is not good but I have not been trying to work out or do anything to rehab myself. So until I start doing it I have no one to blame but myself.

I plan on setting an appointment with a Dermatologist and figure out what is going on and fix it. If I need to I will get a CBC before my appointment in February.

I just want all this to go away. I way to much going on this year and I so tired of dealing with health issues or being afraid that something may happen. It is no way to live life.

To be honest it is getting very difficult to remember a time when I didn't think about how I feel or worry if my legs will hurt or if I might get sick or being tired! I am very very frustrated and not sure what to do. I realize all of this is totally out of my control but I just want it to stop!!

Here's hoping for a worry free 2010!!

Take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Dinah said...

Stop copying me Greg! :P I've had a shitty day, I'm anxious that the Chemo didn't do its job as my bloods aren't responding as they should, I will find out in February if my HCL is in remission. My skin is crawling with the urge to itch these little bumps that have come up on my skin. (which I read is an uncommon lymphoma symptom) My hip is making a lot of noises, is unstable and hurts. If its any consolation you are not alone and have my sympathies.

Dinah said...

oh and HNY BTW

Anonymous said...

Greg,

What do you know about elevated alkaline phosphatase levels? Has this ever been an indicator of any underlying issues for you?

Thanks,
SHC

Anonymous said...

oh pauvre gilbert grape... i stumbled upon this through facebook, but it felt a little like eavesdropping. i am so so sorry for all the pain you've had these last years. i wish more than anything that this year is a huge improvement for you and restful for your family.
i have thought of you and sid vicious many times over the last years, as your friendships are what i miss most after leaving the tube. i hope you still think of me as a friend, but either way i'll be keeping you and yours close to my heart.

i can't dream what you are dealing with, but wish you strength to deal with it for hopefully a very short time to come... amanda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback Greg.

I looked up more info on the HCL, and find that my kiddo doesn't have any symptoms that would suggest that...as a matter of fact, other than her joint/bone pain complaints and bone/labral diagnoses, she's a remarkably healthy young lady.

Ortho says re-do blood again in 2 weeks...if not significantly lower or normalized, then further testing.

Fingers crossed for a BIG DROP!!!

SHC