Sunday, March 16, 2008

ANC LEVELS

I finally got some great info on how to figure out my Absolute Neutrophil Count:

Multiply WBC Count by the percentage of WBC's that represent the Neutrophils

Example:

Last CBC:

WBC- 3.5
Segs- 16%
Lympys 54%
Monos-29%
eos- 1%

hgb-14
hct-40
mcv-93
rdw-13
platelets-117

WBC-3.5 or 3500 X neuts or segs(Mature Neutrophils) 16% (
.16)=560 Neutrophils

Low Neutrophils= 1,000
Extremely low= 500

Risk Factors include high risk of infection due compromised immune system.

I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow and see if I should worry. The biggest issue is everyone at work is getting that bad flu and I do not want to end up sick again!! I also emailed a Hematologist in San Diego who is on an HCL board I have been visiting.

I also going to contact another Hematology group. If I am going to need Chemo and my WBC's are this low I want to get this over with so I can go to Florida healthy and not worry about getting sick.

Don't feel sick today, just a little run down.

Talk to you later.





No comments: