Friday, March 21, 2008

Finally (Its about time)

Sorry for the late update!! I have been having (challenges) posting this week!! After Monday I continued to be somewhat depressed. It convinced me to take control and get all the questions that have been swimming around in my head answered.

So I called up to OHSU and found a Doc who has dealt with HCL for a number of years. I have a consult with him on April 1st. I then called my doctor and moved my appointment to April 3rd.

This way I can get a second opinion as it relates to my treatment. I am concerned about When to treat and what to use.

The standard 2 chemo drugs work but I am worried about side effects and what it will do to my immune system. If there is an alternatives I want to know.. Also if I can hold off treatment, fine but I will not be in a position to ruin Cams once in a life time trip because of me!!

HCL allows you to plan and I will take full advantage of it.

By the way, I feel great today! It is the best I have felt in about 6 weeks. Not sure why and quite frankly, I don't care.

We went out tonight with some friends. Yes its only 9pm but for me just getting out for an hour or two and actually talking and laughing its a plus!!!

I really cant wait to get all this behind me and feel this way all the time! My wife deserves a fun person not a 90 year old fuddy duddy!!

I promise to not miss a whole week again!!!

Happy Easter!!!

No comments: