Saturday, January 10, 2009

All is going well!

I seem to be progressing OK. I went back to work 1/2 days Thursday and Friday. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get off all of the pain meds I have been taking.

I am now getting myself off of the vicodin slowly. I still have a lot of leg pain which is more like an ache with a feeling of pressure.

I am using my crutches as much as possible, I should be using them 100% of the time. It is very much a pain in the butt!!

Monday the 12th I go back to see my doctor for my first follow up. I am looking forward to talking with him to find out exactly what it he did and get his take on whether this is it!!

Went out last night for Theresa's office party. It was nice to get out of the house and socialize. I did fairly well. I have trouble sitting for long periods of time and kept having to get up every 1/2 hour and take a walk. I did take pain pills before we went out and it helped.

I am still waking up with leg pain in the morning but now I am trying to control it with Tylenol and use Vicodin at night or as last resort. I hope in week or so I am total off all heavy pain meds for good!

I cant say this enough: NEVER GO COLD TURKEY!!! IT DOES NOT WORK!!

Have a great weekend and I will post results of my doctors appointment hopefully Monday night or Tuesday.

No comments: