Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How am I doing!

Well:

That's a simple question but I am not so sure its a simple answer. Yes my right hip is getting better. It aches like the Doctor said but overall it seems to be improving.

What I did not expect was back pain and left hip and left leg pain. I am assuming my left leg pain is related to my lower back pain. That I am assuming is from limping, and using crutches and the cane.

But my left hip has been off an on since my surgery. Last night in particular it felt like someone took a two by four and slammed into my hip. I was in tears and took 4 vicodin to sleep!

Today it feels fine but my right hip is aching, again Thats to be expected!

So the question is, should I be worried?? I guess only time will tell. I need to start swimming in order to re-hab this thing. I need to start soon.

Take it easy and that's it for today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it's just body mechanics from all the extra wear and tear the "good" side had/has been doing.

I can tell you I had serious issues of pain, too, but everytime the alignment improves and the "good" hip isn't maintaining 450 pounds of pressure by itself the pain subsides. (Uh, no, I don't actually WEIGH 450, it's the body weight times 3 which is what force the hip actually carries.)

The GOOD news is your operated hip is continuing to improve! =) Very happy for ya!

Stay strong.
SHC