Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Saturday!!!

Well

The kids went on a Boy Scout camp out Friday for the weekend leaving the two of us HOME Alone!!! Its been great. We went out to happy hour Friday Night and dinner with friends tonight, at Crab Shack!!


Crab Shack was awesome we will be going back! Did more work around the house, too. Unplugged all the bathroom drains. Including my bath tub which has been clogged for a year at least. Don't ever wash your dog in your bathtub!!! It has never worked the same since! Its been good to get back into doing house projects... They sound simple but all of them have been badly needed and driving everyone nuts.

However................My left leg is still driving me nuts. I have been to tears 3 days this week, including last night. Took a Vicodin last night. Took one this afternoon after getting house work done and took two about 30 minutes ago! I swear this is starting to feel like my right leg did.... The pain starts in my groin and radiates into my right cheek. When I lift my right leg up and turn it towards me it hurts. It never used to. Last night and the other day it felt like someone took a board and slammed it into my right hip! Pain also radiates through my knee and to my toes. I think some of that is nerve pain from my back. I have been sitting every night with a hot flax seed pack on my back, which helps my back but when I put it on my hip it offers ZERO relief. The only thing that has been making it bearable is the Vicodin. I had to renew my prescription which I was hoping I would not have too. But OH WELL!!!!! Like I said it could always be worse.

I find it highly unlikely that I either tore my other Labrum or I have an impingement on this side. If I did my Doctor would of seen something, which he didn't.

So my only thought is maybe my Dysplasia is bothering me or its my back. More than likely its my back. At least I hope it is. I am tired of hurting and I know everyone is tired of me complaining. I am terrible at hiding it too. I wish I could. Like I said I am back on Vicodin as the Ibuprofen and Tylenol is not helping at all. I have been alternating 4 every 4 hours but the pain is getting more intense. Unfortunately, I have been limping a little on my left side. Usually after sitting. When I walk around it loosens up and I stop limping.

I didn't yet start swimming, which I need to do!! I am hoping starting to swim will help work out this issue with my left leg.

I am not use to dealing with chronic pain and I am very worried that's where I am heading.

Who knows I guess I just half to wait and see. I will know a lot more on my next visit in February. I just don't know, emotionally, if I can handle this. It is really starting to stress me out. Last year was "The Year of Greg", as my wife calls it. 2009 was suppose to be different! All these issues were suppose to be over and done with. I cant handle another year like 2008 and neither can my family!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

But, it is what it is and there is not a damn thing I can do about it I guess......

By the way, read the book The Watchmen if you are comic book buff (like me). It is one of the best I have read, which ain't saying much since its only the second book in 20 years I have read. Should be finished with it tomorrow. First time I read a book in a week. Cant wait for the movie which is coming out in March!! It really puts a whole new perspective on super heroes.

Talk to you later..

No comments: