Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Near the top of my list for Horrible Night

Except the time I fell down the stairs backwards on crutches:).... That's a whole different topic.


Any way, last night started off with my low grade fever growing slowly. With it came this irritating nausea and mild cramping .... As the night went on and temp kept rising. My cramping got worse and my nausea got worse. To the point I told the nurse to get me a bucket!

So my cramping kept increasing and fever increasing. It Got so bad she called the doctor to check me out.

The doctor could not tell by feeling stomach what was up so she ordered an X-ray and drugged me up with Delodid and liquid Tylonal.

The thought was that my spleen  might be rupshered so they changed from an xray to a emergemcy CT scan.

The nurse had to help me to the transport bed. After the scan they took me back to my room. I got in bed and since I was so druged up I crashed.

Like I said I have never been more scared in all my life.... Theresa was freaking out as we'll.

Took over a hour but the told me nothing was wrong. Thst really frustrated the crap out of me.. I guess all the anti- biotics they have been dumping in me is making stomach sick. I don't know.


The end result the next day (Tuesday) was high alert! No could enter my room without a gown gloves and mast. Plus everyone had to wash up when they left my room.

Made for an interesting morning for all the nurses. Tuesday was a much more mellow day. More on that later!!





No comments: