Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anatomy of a hip

hip anatomy diagram
dysplastic hip anatomy diagram

The exact anatomical features of hip dysplasia can vary from person to person. Both the hip socket and the femur can be affected.

Did you know that 80% of people with Hip Dysplasia are women!!! I guess the rest are me and dogs.

Work has been awesome! I got the authorization to work from home after my surgery as long as needed. I told them a month at least and they said fine. As soon as I have or if I schedule the surgery I will train my assistant so that any thing I cant do at home she can fill in. She is great!!

Just about everything I do is possible at home. It worked great during my cancer treatment however this is a heck of lot longer.

I am very worried about this. Its a big surgery and very complex. Scares me. Also, I am up to my eye balls in medical bills. Tough to stomach writing more checks...

But, the pain is getting worse every day. I had a very very rough day again today. Even with the Vicodin my legs hurt like hell.. I just want it to stop....

So much for the a happy 2009. THIS YEAR SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Work is also cutting back my travel. They canceled my trip to Kentucky.I have a two day trip in a week I need to go so I hope they let me.

I know they are doing what they can to help but it is very depressing. I really don't have much to look forward to each day lately... Its all been the same. Just making it through the day and hoping the next day is easier to manage than the one before.

Don't worry I am not "depressed". I don't need to be anti-depressant. I just want the pain in my legs to go bye bye.. Quite simple, don't you think.....


I have yet to hear from the Doctors office regarding the cost of this surgery. I hope to hear soon so I can decide what the next step is. Also, I am going to a my regular doctor tomorrow to discuss pain management options . No matter what decision I make it will be awhile before I get this done. I am hoping there is something out there to help besides, Ibuprofen and Tylenol that don't work... I cant continue to rely on Vicodin or can I?? So far nothing else has even come close to helping.

We will see. At this point I will about try anything.

Take it easy......

No comments: