Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Reflection

Just a quick note:

I was reading an article on Hairy Cell Leukemia this morning. It is amazing that only 50 years ago this was a fatal disease.. Now its relatively simple to treat with very few complications and almost no chance of dying, if found early..

How many types of chronic diseases let alone cancers are like that?? Most others, you wind up with serious long term problems or death.

Not that getting cancer is lucky but if I had to pull the cancer card out of the deck I am OK with this one.. I know I complain and this has not been a very easy year for family but at least I am here and by the looks of my counts it will be a long long time before HCL will disrupt my life any time soon!!!

Thank you to all the doctors and drug companies who worked together over the years to come up the drug 2CDA that has literally saved HCL patients lives!!!

No comments: