Sunday, February 22, 2009

Leaky Weekend!!

It has been the "drippiest" weekend in the history of the Gilbert household. Everyone says how much it rains in Oregon but I didn't know it rained inside the house!!

Saturday we had a leaky toilet which as you see below leaked right through the Laundry Room ceiling. I had to replace the toilet but no major plumbing damage. Just need new dry wall to fill the hole.

Sunday it got even better!!!! The boys where taking showers this morning and I heard a dripping noise in the Family room and look what I found!!!


After having the Plumber come out this afternoon it turns out not to be a catastrophic failer but a leaking tub/shower faucet. It was half the cost, thank god! I just need to watch it and make sure after caulking drys on the new faucet and we use the shower again it does not start leaking again.
So not horrible news but certainly not great news. Very expensive weekend!!! Turns out the plumbing and fixturing in this is house is crap! Theresa and I think the builders were stoned when they built the house nothing is correct, straight or the way it should be.

Well anyway, all this dripping certainly has helped take my mind off my hips. Go to the Doctor tomorrow. I will update probably Tuesday as to what the doctor said. Cross your fingers.

See ya got to pay the bill... $$$$$$

No comments: