Thursday, February 26, 2009

TAKE THE VICODIN- NO MORE THAN 8 A DAY!

That's what my doc says. He surprisingly wants me off the Ibuprofen as much as possible to save my liver.

He suggested to start PT as soon as possible. I will get an appointment set tomorrow. Lastly he says get the surgery as soon as possible. (we shall see)

I was surprised to hear him say its safer to take eight vicodin a day vs as much Ibuprofen and Tylenol I was taking. He says its not a big deal to get me over a possible physical addition or even a mental addiction.

I am also going to start stretching everyday and get going on physical therapy.

Regarding taking Vicodin (at work) all day. I thought about it, but I get very very loopy on this stuff. I am very worried I will not be on top of things even after taking half a Vicodin.

We shall see... I don't want my performance to waver an inch..More than ever I need this job!!

Lastly, the key to helping the pain go down is to remain active. It keeps my leg muscles and tendons looser..But again it does not make it better and the clock is ticking. I WILL NEED THIS SURGERY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER... Biggest problem I have not paid off my chemo treatment or my hip scope!! Does not feel good to be drowning in debt!!!

Thanks for all the support

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, stretching...I know that well, and I know my former OS told me that to the Nth degree (even though I WAS!).

Yoga. I was so stretched out from "normal" stretches that weren't really doing much for me that I began doing yoga stretching and it really helped. Obviously, I can not do that right now having my anterior hip incision so fresh once again (you'll get a matching one like the rest of us, too, I imagine) but doing yoga stretching helped my core muscles...and helped my mental state as well.

I did not do classes though. I started, actually, by doing "Namaste Yoga" on cable "FitTV". If you have cable, you probably have it too.

Keep in mind it is chicks though...so I don't know how you'd feel about that (could be GOOD or bad?! lol). But, again...between the breathing and stretching (and soft music and time allowed for myself each day) it got me over some majoy humps on this journey I've been on.

I actually now have some dvd's also, for yoga and the pilates, and my garage has been transformed into a gym (with epoxy floors). Now, it's just a matter of when I can get back out there! (good thing about it is our kids actually started working out in there with me pre-op too...so, it's a family affair! just have to convince my hubby to TRY the yoga too...LOL)

BEST TO YA!

Greg Gilbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.