Monday, April 21, 2008

BACK HOME!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I am finally out of the hospital and home, FOR GOOD!! I am feeling much better. My WBC is 1.00 so things are quickly on the rise.

I am on daily antibiotics for the rest of the week. This is no big deal, I have to go into the doctors office and do a small IV bag every day. Should only take about 1/2 hour a day. Doctor decided to keep my PICC line in, at least until Friday when we will do another CBC test.

My plan is to be back to work next Monday. I don't see why that would not be the case.

All my bruising is healing very nicely, even the blown out IV line.

For some reason the second PICC Line is not bothering me as much as the first one did.

So all in all I am in good shape. I am still tired but no nausea or fever. I don't think I have had a low grade fever since Saturday Morning at it was only just above 99. So the fevers are in the rear view mirror of life. (Profound Huh)

Just to clarify as to what sent me to the ER, it looks like I did not get a secondary infection. My blood culture as of today is still negative. It was , as Theresa indicated a Fever due to my low white count and the cancer cells dying. This was to be expected and I did prepare for the possibility of going to the hospital but it still was a little overwhelming.

I will say getting a transfusion was a creepy experience. It didn't hurt or feel weird. It is just very strange seeing another persons donated blood going into me.

I would say to everyone who reads this, please donate blood to the Red Cross. Over the last 20 years I have donated over 1 gallon of blood. If everyone did that we never have a shortage or someone getting sicker or dying because there was no blood for them. If you have an exotic blood type especially, GET OUT AND DONATE. I have always felt it was important but now I realize you never know when YOU may need it.

OK OFF THE SOAP BOX!!

Check out below:

Its payback for the 18 hours I spent in the ER. 10 of those hours on a steel gurney with a very thin pad. Thank God for the good drugs or It would have been worse.














They gave me the largest room on in the Oncology Ward. Normally this room is for the very very sick cancer patients with lots of family and other visitors. It was nice for a change to have things go my way. As much as I could I did enjoy being in that room. It was quiet and had a great view. The nurses on this floor were very nice and did a great job. They kept telling me I was so easy to take care of because I was low maintenance.

Anyway I guess that's it for now. I am home and I am finally feeling a lot better than I have in weeks!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!
Soooo relieved to know that you are home from the hospital and all is well

Beth