Saturday, April 26, 2008

Out and About

Today I was quite adventurous!! I wanted to start getting outside and doing a few things. So I took Chase to get his feet clipped. He has been limping around due his toe nails being really long as well as the hair around his feet. So I took him out to PetCo.

I loaded him up in my car and off we went. After I started driving I realized I have not been behind the wheel of my or any car since Friday April 11th. Long time to be immobile, at least for me.

Anyway, it was an awesome day today and nice to be out of the house. After Chase got done, I got him a giant bone as treat. He loves it of course.

After I got home I noticed my neighbors out and about so I went out and talked to a few of them. Like I said yesterday, sometimes it is the simple things that make you feel good. I really enjoyed being outside and visiting. I feel like I have been isolated from the whole world FOREVER!!

I don't know how more serious Leukemia patients do it. Some fight for over a year in and out of hospitals. It sounds nuts but I consider myself very very lucky.

The highlight of my day was going to Saturday 5pm Mass and listening to Cameron do all the readings. I have to say, he did a fantastic job. It also just wasn't me that thought so. He got high praise from a number of people after Mass. That is no easy feat considering the Saturday Mass crowd is dead serious about the quality of the readers.

Myself and Theresa are extremely proud of him. I told him he should do more public speaking. He is a great reader and does not get nervous in front of people. He is one cool customer.......

After mass we went to Hollywood video and rented a movie (Cloverfield). The kids and I love it. I have not watched a movie with them in a long time. It was a great night. Finally had a quality Family Movie Night. Well, Theresa refused to watch that movie...to sccarryyy....


Amazingly I didn't even take a significant nap! Although at 10pm I am ready to shut it down. It is going to be interesting to see how I do next week. As I said I am a little nervous about going back to work. Its almost like starting a new job. Not really sure what to expect and I kind of don't want to talk to much about what happened to me with everyone. However, I know it is unavoidable. So I will just have to make the best of it. Also everyone at work has been very supportive and have made it easy for me to be away for as long as I have. I don't think very many places would have been this accommodating. I really appreciate it.

I think that's it for now.

Oh yeah!! Jonathan Stewart was drafted 13 to the Panthers!!! Cameron and I may have a new team to watch next year.
(He was a the starting running back for the Ducks. One of the best ever in Duck History!!)


By the way, the sappy stuff will start to disappear over time.......Just be patient...........

No comments: