Friday, April 25, 2008

NEW COUNTS ARE IN!!!!!!





















New Counts above!!

My Platelet count is 157,000 which is better than I have seen ever!!! This is a fantastic indicator that my bone marrow is producing again and producing the right stuff. My Red Count is up as well. My White Count is 1.5 up .5 from last test!!


So everything is going in the right direction. Dr. Chang says I no longer need to were the mask. He also gave me my last antibiotic treatment. today. My second PICC line is out as well. We were going to leave it in until next Friday but it failed. For some reason it got plugged so they had no choice but to take it out since in could not be flushed. I did not want to add any more infection risk.

Doctor also said I am good go back to work on Monday as long as no infection started over the weekend, which he doubts will happen. I meet with him again on Friday for another CBC. After that its 4 weeks until my next check.

I am very happy by how things have progressed since getting out the hospital. As long as my counts continue to rise it looks like the one treatment of 2CDA worked like it was suppose to!!

Next step to being back to normal, EATING A BATCH OF CHICKEN WINGS MADE MY BY KIDS AND DRINKING A FEW BEERS!!!!!


I will keep everyone posted how my first of day work went. I am a little nervous about it but as long as take precautions I should be fine. I am so anxious about getting back to normal. There is something to be said for "SAME OLD, SAME OLD..." To me that same old grind is a blessing. It has been made crystal clear to me that what you have NOW can so easily go sideways and almost slip away!! I really don't think I will be taking anything for granted.

Have a great weekend and I will talk to you soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YESSS!!! I am soo happy and relieved to hear that you are definitely getting better!!!!!!!!!!

B