Thursday, April 17, 2008

Greg in hospital for now

Greg's temp was up to 101.7 when he woke up from his nap. We went to the ER for IV antibiotics at 5pm. Finally got the meds at 8:30. CBC white count down to .25. The ER Dr., told Greg he had to be mistaken when he advised him the WBC was .3 on Tuesday. Well, when the CBC came back, all of a sudden everyone was wearing a mask! They even brought Greg his own private disinfected commode. Sorry no picture of that to post. Anyway, apparently Meridian Park Hospital is very popular, because there are no beds available tonight. Greg will be held in the ER in isolation until a bed opens up. When I left, they had given him some strong narcotics and he was feeling good for a change. More info when i get it. HCL experience according to Theresa tonight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg! Just wanted to say that I'm praying for you. Sorry to hear that you got to be one of the "lucky ones" with a fever. Hope you get to come home soon.

-w.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Hi Greg, Pat from over at the HCL board. Hope to see you soon again, we miss you but know we are all praying and thinking about you, eHugs. I am always the lucky one too that gets the neutropenic fever and stuff...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Theresa.

Grampaquick
aka Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi, Greg.

I was really hoping that you would breeze through the treatment without getting a lousy fever or side effects. I was upset to read that this was not the case.

You are in my thoughts, and today (despite my agnosticism) my prayers too.

Sincerely,
Vincent James, fellow HCL traveler

P.S. Yes, thank you Theresa for keeping us informed.

Anonymous said...

Theresa,

Tell Greg to hang in there, he will get through just fine, just about all of us here have been in this position with fever and IV antibiotics (me twice now) :)
You guys are in my thoughts.. let us know when Greg gets back home!

V/R,
Tim Clune